The accounting clerk is responsible for the handling of receipt and accounting of funds being paid to the organization. As well as, for the payment of goods and services purchased. This role will provide additional support to the accounting department and also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate and that proper accounting procedures are followed to account for the receipt of payment and the purchasing of goods and services completed by the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enters customer PO’s in system.
- Applies customer payments.
- Processes credit card payments and credits.
- Submits EDI invoices.
- Receives, opens, sorts and distributes mail daily.
- Processes invoices (bills) into computer system.
- Prepares checks for mail.
- Processes expense reports.
- Processes employee time cards.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, franchisees and others.
- Performs filing and coping.
- Financial Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Experience with document management, knowledge management, and collaboration with SharePoint portals is a plus.
- Ability to interpret mechanical drawings and apply geometric tolerance analysis.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis with tools such as Minitab.
- Excellent PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Adept in the application of Quality, Lean and Six Sigma methods and tools.
- Trained in problem solving methods and led process improvement projects
- Experience with Reliability testing and analysis is a plus.
- Design of Experimenting (DOE) is a plus
- Extensive Excel experience with macros is a plus.
- This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a part-time position.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years’ previous experience.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in business.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- None required for this position.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.