HALO-LED™ Installation Instructions with Variable Speed Blowers and Communicating Thermostats
When using the HALO-LED on an HVAC unit utilizing a variable speed fan or ramping motor with communicating thermostats, the RGF Air Sensing Switch Kit (HLED-AS) or equivalent may be used. The HALO-LED is designed to power on and off with the blower of the HVAC. Unlike the REME HALO®, the HALO-LED has a longer life with the power cycling on and off as needed. In order to tie the incoming power of the HALO-LED with the HVAC blower power, an air sensing switch may be used.
NOTE: This is only a recommended installation for the air sensing switch, all wiring must be done to comply with all pertinent local codes and regulations. To avoid injury or shock hazard, ensure power is disconnected from the HVAC unit prior to any electrical work being performed.
NOTE: Air switch must be mounted in a vertical orientation as idicated in illustration below.
- – Attach the air sensing switch vertically on the AC control panel in a suitable location on the enclosure using the included self-tapping screws.
- The air sensing switch is designed to close its internal switch when the pressure increases to a set point across the sample line connections. In order to achieve a pressure differential, use the included tubing. 2 pieces are needed. Use included grommets if holes are drilled in sheet metal. Use zip-ties as needed. Use figure below for reference.
- Connect 1 piece of tubing to the gray negative side of the air sensing switch. The other side of this tubing will need to be routed to any area on the inlet side of the blower.
- Connect another piece of tubing to the black positive side of the air sensing switch. The other side of this tubing will need to be routed to any area on the outlet side of the blower. Avoid placing tubing directly next to heating elements.
- Using the included ¼” female spade connectors, wire the system per diagram below:
- Connect 1 end of the HALO LED barrel plug wire to common on the air sensing switch.
- Connect the other end of the HALO LED barrel plug wire to 1 side of 24VAC on the supplied transformer.
- Connect the NO side of the air sensing switch to other side of 24VAC on supplied transformer.
- Power the supplied transformer by using to the appropriate connections from the HVAC system.
NOTE: REFERENCE TRANSFORMER LABELING FOR WIRING DIAGRAM